using your business mobile phone abroad
The range of travel options and offers of Orange, as well as the flat-rate call and SMS pricing structure, makes using your business mobile phone abroad more affordable than ever, so just because you're out of the office doesn't mean you're out of touch.
As well as benefiting from low rates locally and back to Switzerland, our single tariff pricing means you'll always know the cost when making calls to another foreign country when you're abroad. No more bill shock on your return.
Sending SMS from any country to any country worldwide couldn't be simpler either, at only CHF 0.45 per SMS and always completely free to receive them.
subscription call rates
|Calling to||Travel zone A |
|Travel zone B |
|Travel zone C |
Rest of Europe
|Travel zone D |
|Travel zone E |
Rest of the World
|Back to CH||1.70||2.–||2.90||2.90||4.80|
|Travel zone A||1.70||2.–||2.90||2.90||4.80|
|Travel zone B||2.–||2.–||2.90||2.90||4.80|
|Travel zone C||2.90||2.90||2.90||2.90||4.80|
|Travel zone D||2.90||2.90||2.90||2.90||4.80|
|Travel zone E||4.80||4.80||4.80||4.80||4.80|
|Incoming calls||0.60||0.80 ||1.–||0.80||2.–|
Prices in CHF/min
1) Except for Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey: CHF 1.–
2) Except for Iceland: CHF 0.80
3) Except for Australia, New Zealand: CHF 0.80. Except for Georgia, Israel, Japan: CHF 1.–. Except for Antigua & Barbuda, Bermuda, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Fiji, French Polynesia, Macao (China), Madagascar, Maldives, La Réunion, Seychelles: CHF 4.–
Charging intervals for local calls, calls back to Switzerland, inter-zone calls and incoming calls are charged per minute.
|Standard subscriptions prices|
|Travel zone||zones A & B||zones C, D & E|
|Data transfer||4.–/2 MB then 2.–/MB||15.–/MB|
Prices in CHF incl. VAT. Prices subject to change.
1) HSDPA, UMTS, GPRS, EDGE where available.
2) Billing unit 30 KB.
If you'd like to benefit from cheaper rates when abroad, consider one of our options:
- Travel Professional Option is ideal for frequent travellers, giving heavily discounted tariffs, for only CHF 3.– per month, to make and receive calls and send SMS from all over the world. You can save up to 79% in Europe and 58% outside Europe.
- Travel Packs include minutes, SMS and data at a very attractive price to be used when travelling in Europe (Travel zones A & B), from CHF 10.–/month. Minutes can be used for incoming calls or calls back to Switzerland, local calls or calls to voice mail.
where you can use your mobile phone abroad
You can make and receive calls in most European countries, Asia, Africa and major locations in North and South America. Ensure your international roaming is activated before you go by calling our Business Customer Service free of charge on 0800 700 600.
We've grouped countries into five zones, so it's easy to know the rate you'll be charged for making calls when abroad, no matter when you call or which operator you select.
Here is a list of all the countries per zone where Orange subscribers can use their mobile phone. Select the destination to get detailed information on network coverage and available services.
satellite, air and sea
Thuraya satellite coverage
Thuraya mobile phones combine regular GSM 900 MHz, SMS, data transfer, voicemail, call divert, call waiting as well as satellite reception and GPS (Global Positioning System) features. You'll need to be outside to get a signal. See thuraya.com for more information.
View Thuraya Satellite Communications' coverage map
Thuraya mobile phones combine regular GSM 900 MHz, SMS, data transfer, voicemail, call divert, call waiting as well as satellite reception and GPS (Global Positioning System) features. You'll need to be outside to get a signal. See www.thuraya.com for more information.
coverage in the air and at sea
Our partners, AeroMobile and Manx Maritime provide Orange customers with coverage in the air and at sea (click through for details on coverage and pricing). You can usually use your existing Orange mobile phone, with the call charges appearing on your regular Orange bill. Be aware, however, that the cost of using your mobile phone via these partner networks can be considerably more than calling or surfing when at home, or when travelling abroad on the mainland. Please consider the charges before you travel.
important information about using your phone abroad
Orange is a member of the GSM Association, which is made up of 567 operators worldwide. For the sake of transparency in relation to international roaming charges, please be aware of the following information when using your phone abroad:
- Receiving SMS is free.
- Sending SMS is charged according to roaming partner principles.
- When people call you on your Orange number when you're abroad, you're charged for the international part of the call between Switzerland and the country you're visiting. This charging principle applies for all mobile operators, because the caller may not know you're abroad, so it wouldn't be fair to charge them for the international part of the call.
- When near the borders of Switzerland or Liechtenstein, or by lakes or mountains, your phone may automatically connect to a German, Italian, Austrian or French network. If this happens, you'll be charged the price for that zone. To avoid this, manually select the Orange CH network.
- Charging intervals are roaming partner-dependant.
- Some operators may charge you a special supplement for access to free local numbers.
- Free phone calls (0800) are chargable when they're calls back to Switzerland (+ 41 800).
- When you're abroad, calls transferred to your Orange Box when your line's busy or you aren't answering are invoiced twice. To avoid these additional charges, you can:
- cancel all call diverts directly from your mobile phone before you go abroad. N.B. If you activated this service before April 2000, please contact Customer Care to deactivate all call transfers.
- block all incoming calls directly from your mobile phone.
- reroute all your calls directly to your Orange Box or another national number (national call charge)
- MMS charges include the international roaming charges (over GPRS or data) and the normal cost for sending an MMS. International roaming charges are incurred both for receiving or sending an MMS.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT.
- All international roaming tariffs can be subject to modification at any time. For further details, please don't hesitate to call our Business Customer Service on 0800 700 600 or on +41 78 700 60 00 from abroad.
Travel zone A
Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Monaco (France), San Marino (Italy), Vatican City
Travel zone B
Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Gibraltar, Great Britain, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Isle of Man, Ireland, Jersey, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey
Travel zone C
Albania, Balarus, Bosnia-Herzegoyina, Iceland, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Serbia & Montenegro, Ukraine
Travel zone D
Canada, Guam, USA
Travel zone E
Rest of the world